In the Kitchen

I like to occasionally fuss in the kitchen; I wouldn’t go so far as to say that I am looking to the path of Kitchen Witchery because I am a mood cook, if I feel like cooking I will. I’m a bit of a messy cook (another reason why I don’t cook often) but I do like to bake on occasion, I’m a brownie lover, blueberry muffin muncher and definite donut queen. I also like the occasional cake.

My mum loves to use her dutch oven in winter to cook and she went through a whole time there where she cooked everything in it. I love to wind her up and call it her cauldron – the funny thing was, after awhile she started calling it the cauldron…..hehehe.

So here is a look at a few of the kitchen adventures of late.


Here is the Shepherds Pie being made in the cauldron
(ahem Dutch Oven)


The beginnings of Tomato Ketchup
(be wary when using Red Wine Vinegar, make sure it's not an aged one)


And here is the recipe from the 'Jamie At Home' cookbook by Jamie Oliver


Here is my first ever attempt at a Carrot cake from scratch, it tasted delicious.


The Orange Marmalade Brews!


Here is the finished Orange Marmalade


Here is the Lemon Curd!

Comments