The Mandrake Project – The Babies Are Planted

Growing mandrakes can be time consuming to a degree, so one has to be kind of dedicated to the opening stages of mandrake growing. Mandrake seeds have some sort of chemical in them that can prevent or at least complicate germination. I had to soak them in cold water in the fridge for two weeks, the water had to be changed every day so the leeched chemical would not get back into the seeds.


Once this was done, I was ready for the planting and now the babies have been planted, ready to grow (I hope). I’m really looking forward to this process; it’s been awhile since I’ve tried to develop a relationship with any plant whilst it is growing. I would like one of the mandrakes to be an alraun if it is willing to be so, for this I know building a relationship is important.


So for now I will wait and hopefully soon my little mandrakes begin to poke through the potting soil and begin their growth into this world.

Comments

  1. Ooooohh...can't wait to see their tiny little heads pop out of the soil :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment