The New Year

A new year is upon us; the time when goals written are in their infancy, taking the first steps toward fulfilment and growth. It is the time when previous failures are acknowledged and moved on from. I’m not making resolutions for this year, I never complete any and by year’s end I have a list of things I haven’t accomplished. My resolutions have morphed into goals, things I would like to achieve but without pressure or expectation. Going into this year, I wasn’t even sure if this blog would continue, but I’ve decided that it will. It may be messy at times, bare at others but it is the journal of my path, my life. It may not be as prolifically posted on as it has been in prior years, but it will continue in one form or another.

This year has so far brought good things. My paperwork for my Advanced Diploma of Herbalism is on its way. I passed my final exam late last year with a Grade A Pass, the highest mark available. It is a great feeling, the hard slog of learning and studying has paid off. I am also having an article published in a magazine this month. I’m quite excited; it’s a baby step into another field I have long studied hard for. The book I am writing is almost completed and my wonderful tutor has extended her help beyond the end of my TAFE course to edit it. I’m also attending my first Pagan event in early March. It’s not too far from where I live. One positive thing to come out of last year is that governmental agencies finally recognised that there are limitations to what I am able to personally do (immunodeficiency is so vague yet so debilitating), but it is a good feeling to know that there is some understanding. 

I had an amazing Christmas, got plenty of fabulous presents and spent quiet time as a family, without the added distractions of the outside world. It was truly a lovely time, stress-free and full of laughter and food. My new year was celebrated playing poker late into the night with family, surrounded by card-interfering cats. Bella and Mojo like to be interactive. Our new year here was hellishly hot though, we’ve hit a high of 47C up here so far. Hopefully it will be the last time. As I sit here typing this, it is currently about 21C and overcast. It was raining this morning. The weather seems to be trying to find its identity. Is it a cool summer, hot summer or planning to surprise us from day to day? The next 10 day forecast looks fairly mild. Nothing above 35C for the time being – I’m a bit of an obsessive weather channel checker.


The photo went a bit fuzzy but here is my Xmas haul of a handmade herbal cabinet, books, tarot deck and other delights. 

My year has yet to be defined, my goals yet to be identified. I do know what I would like to happen but it is not clear cut. I’ve things to work out, plans to make, lists to write and fretting to do. I take each day as it comes. From one day to the next the weather here makes things quite unpredictable. What can be done today may not be able to be done tomorrow. So I garden on the cool days, write on the hot days and melt into the lounge and read on the super hot days. This is likely the pattern for the rest of the summer or at least until the hottest part of the season dies down. 

How this year will play out, I don’t yet know but I feel positive about it. Really properly positive, I don’t feel as though this year will be another so-so time of not getting much done and looking back with regrets. I have a path in mind for some areas, now I only have to take that step and begin to put one foot in front of the other.

Have a wonderful new year my readers and fellow bloggers alike. May the year bring joy and happiness to all that you do and all whom you love.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your very productive year. I look forward to reading about your adventures in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your high scores and passing your exams- it does sound like you have had a very productive 2013….I hope 2014 pans out very nicely for you too.
    Not very many people understand about immunodeficiency I find, a lot of people think it's all in your head…but I know otherwise…I am currently trying to build my immune system up, but sometimes I feel that I am losing the battle!!
    However, I can still work (but sometimes, like today, I have to take the day off and rest)…
    Take care and here is to a positive 2014!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment