Nuummite - The Sorcerer's Stone


Recently I’ve been looking into working with stones. It’s not something I had actually thought about much given my preferred medium is herbs, but I was reading a blog post by Little Cloud of Insanity and she happened to mention working Nuummite. Not being a stone I had heard of before, I was immediately curious. I’m glad I fed my curiosity because Nuummite is a rather interesting stone.

Named the Sorcerer’s Stone, Nuummite is said to be one of the oldest minerals in existence, clocking in at an impressive three billion years. The majority of Nuummite comes from Nuuk, Greenland and is tied to Earth more strongly than any other element, geologically Nuummite comes from a volcanic origin so it also hold fiery depths within it. It’s a beautiful looking stone, at first glance you tend to think it is black but there are many layers within, striking iridescence of many different colours, it is wonderful to look at.

Nuummite is connected to the chakras and their energy, and while I don’t work with chakras at all, the potential for spiritual boosting by Nuummite is intriguing. It is known for it’s potent vibrations which is why it was given the name ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’, it can connect you deeply with any spiritual or psychic ability you may have, help with shamanic work and hedge crossing, is said to move growth in those areas forward quickly and will connect you quite deeply to earth energy. It is also said Nuummite energy can help with higher intellectual acumen and detail recall, which would be nice, I read so much that it can be hard to assimilate all the information into my brain. 

Because it can connect one easily with other worlds while hedgecrossing or journeying it interests me, as does its potential for past life work and healing. I’m going to experiment to see if it can help me with hedgecrossing, increasing abilities (should I discover any) and for focusing my mind while undertaking these actions. It’s no secret that I’m not one who can easily focus or quiet the mind. An energy worker once told me that my mind is fast and that is why I can’t quiet it and why I can’t stand being around a lot of people or lots of noise. 

I’ve not started working with it yet, I bought a tumble stone and a bracelet of Nuummite from the fantastic SheEarth to work with, I’m not even sure how one goes about working with stones but I’m looking forward to it. I’m trying to find different ways to grow my personal power and discover gifts, if any, that I might have. I’m thinking of just doing breathing exercises and connecting with it that way before moving up to guided meditations (which I generally do better with than trying to reach a meditative state myself) and see where I go from there. 

I will say though, when I hold the Nuummite, I can definitely feel the energy surging within it, now it is just a matter of finding a way to connect myself to that energy and working with it.



Comments